Social Media ExecutiveApply ↗
We are wearegrip, a London based creative agency who work with some of the most exciting drivers in Formula 1. Our goal is to build some of the most distinctive personal brands in sport which capture the attention of fans, teams and partners around the world.
Working hand-in-hand with each driver we create and manage all aspects of their personal brand across social media, branding, marketing, merchandise, content creation, digital and more.
When you join wearegrip, you'll be working at the heart of our multi-skilled fast paced start-up and immediately have the opportunity to begin shaping your future within our highly motivated and passionate team.
About your role
As a full-time Social Media Executive, you will work with the Social Media Manager to create engaging content and build a dedicated fanbase for a top-tier F1 driver and their personal brand.
You will be responsible for supporting the daily management, copywriting, scheduling and posting across all of their social media channels, alongside managing and organising content during a race weekend. You will also focus on monitoring audience perception and narrative, highlighting posts and working with their wider team to implement an effective strategy.
Your role will be varied and will see you work with the driver’s entire brand team across race weekends, helping create content for merchandise marketing campaigns, managing the community and helping to make sure the driver is at the forefront of all fans’ minds.
We're a small team, so it's essential that you're self-motivated and you have the passion and determination to continually grow and evolve your skill set. You will often have the opportunity to work on wider campaigns that exist beyond social and whilst having the responsibility for your own clients, you will also work collaboratively across other projects within wearegrip.
- You are based in London and can commute to East London at least three times a week.
- You have experience in a similar agency (or team) based social media role.
- You have a huge passion for motorsport and specifically Formula 1.
- You have knowledge of the best practices and emerging trends across the main social media networks such as Instagram, Twitter/X, Youtube and Facebook, but specifically have a great understanding of Trends on TikTok and how to create thumb-stopping content.
- You have excellent English copywriting skills and you're as comfortable writing engaging longer form content as you are writing short tweets.
- You have the ability to write, think and create in a variety of tones of voice.
- You can commit to working a minimum of 20 weekends across the 2024 F1 Calendar, with days off in the week for any weekends worked.
- You have a creative mind that continually looks to find new ways to be unique in the ever changing world of social media.
- You have the ability to work individually or collaboratively to create engaging social content.
Your responsibilities (but not limited to)
- Supporting the planning, creating and publishing of social media content.
- Proactive Community Management and Fan Engagement across all platforms.
- Social Media monitoring across Grand Prix weekends.
- Monitoring Social Media for popular memes and relevant TikTok trends.
- Regular updates with the Social Media Manager on community sentiment and brand narrative.
- Supporting the planning and posting of merchandise campaigns to promote new drops.
- Monitoring motorsport news and social media trends and reporting these to the Social Media Manager.
- Capturing and creating phone-style content for social channels when required.
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud software.
- Basic understanding of social analytic software (Sprout, Hootsuite or similar).
- Well-organised and efficient, with a willingness to learn and adapt in a fast-paced environment.
- Good project management skills and the ability to manage your own workload.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
Not essential but always a bonus:
- Previous experience of social media in sport or motorsport.
- Previous copywriting experience.
- Good understanding of emerging platforms, such as Threads.
- Flexible working hours and work from home days whenever necessary.
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- 20 days annual leave plus one week shutdown period over Christmas.
- Days in lieu when required to work weekends.
- Fully paid day off for your birthday.
- Apple Macbook and phone with Adobe Creative Cloud suite and required software.
- Budget for personal skills training and development.
How To Apply
If you're liking the sound of this role and can't wait to get started, open your email and put together:
- A brief overview of why you're great for this role and ready to take a next step in your career.
- Some attachments or links showcasing your previous experience.
- Your CV
Then email it all to firstname.lastname@example.org