Social Media ManagerApply ↗
We're wearegrip, a London based creative agency who work with some of the most exciting drivers in Formula 1. We combine brand strategy, communication and creativity with our motorsport knowledge to produce distinctive personal brands which capture the attention of fans, teams and partners around the world.
Working hand-in-hand with each driver we create and manage all aspects of their personal brand across social media, merchandise, content creation, digital, graphic design and more.
When you join wearegrip, you'll be working at the heart of our multi-skilled fast paced start-up and immediately have the opportunity to begin shaping your future within our highly motivated and passionate team.
About your role
In your full-time role as a Social Media Manager you will be primarily responsible for creating engaging content and building a dedicated fanbase for drivers in Formula 1.
You will be responsible for all parts of their Social Media, through strategy, to creation and publishing; with the goal of ensuring everything that's crafted fits their own individual tone of voice.
Your role will focus on a variety of tasks, such as keeping their audience engaged race to race, to distilling their weekend into a punchy or emotive caption. You will help shape the positive narrative around each driver and constantly look for opportunities to grow and differentiate their identity in a sea of other drivers.
We're a small team, so it's essential that you're self motivated and you have the passion and determination to continually grow and evolve your skill set. You will often have the opportunity to work on wider campaigns that exist beyond social and whilst having the responsibility for your own drivers, you will also work collaboratively across other projects within wearegrip.
- You are based in the UK and you can commute to East London at least twice a month.
- You have experience in a similar agency-based social media focused role for a minimum of 2 years.
- You have a huge passion for motorsport and specifically Formula 1.
- You have in-depth knowledge of the best practices and emerging trends across the main social media networks (Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, TikTok & Facebook)
- You have excellent English copywriting skills and you're as comfortable writing engaging longer form content as you are writing short 240 character tweets.
- You have the ability to write, think and create in a variety of tones of voice.
- You have a creative mind that continually looks to find new ways to be unique in the fast changing world of social media.
- You have the ability to work individually or collaboratively to create engaging social content.
Your responsibilities (but not limited to)
- Planning, creating and publishing of social media content for numerous different drivers, both in Formula 1 and on the FIA Single-seater ladder.
- Proactive Community Management and Fan Engagement across all platforms.
- Reactive social media across race weekends based on driver results.
- Regular updates with the extended team on community sentiment and channel performance.
- Monitoring of motorsport news and social media trends along with reporting these to the extended team.
- Bringing to life a drivers' tone of voice across a variety of platforms.
- Writing longer form copy for supporting assets, digital etc.
- Briefing and liaising with designers, photographers & videographers to create any necessary content.
- Ability to think of and develop ideas away from social media.
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud software, specifically Lightroom.
- Competent understanding of social analytic software (Sprout, Hootsuite or similar).
- Well-organised and efficient, with a willingness to learn and adapt in a fast paced environment.
- Flexible working schedule with the availability to work pre-arranged evenings and weekends.
- Fantastic project management skills and the ability to manage your own workload.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Great presentation and deck-building skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
Not essential but always a bonus:
- Previous experience of social media management in sport or motorsport.
- Previous experience in Influencer Marketing.
- Previous copywriting experience.
- Strong knowledge of photo editing software (e.g. Lightroom, Photoshop).
- Strong knowledge of video editing software (e.g. Premiere).
- Good understanding of emerging platforms such as Twitch, Clubhouse, Discord.
- Entrepreneurial attitude with the desire to grow wearegrip.
- Work from home days whenever necessary.
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- 25 days annual leave and seven-day shutdown period over Christmas.
- Days in lieu if required to work a weekend.
- Fully paid day off for your birthday.
- Apple Macbook with full Adobe Creative Cloud suite and required software.
- Budget for training and development.
How To Apply
If you're liking the sound of this role and can't wait to get started, open your email and put together:
- A brief overview of why you're great for this role and ready to take a next step in your career.
- Some attachments or links showcasing your previous experience.
- Your CV
Then email it all to email@example.com with the subject "Your next Social Media Manager".
Closing Date: 31st October 2021